top button

While this is the actual delight of developing a string, it is also the toughest stage

0 votes
1 view

Series manufacturer Hisashi Nogami and Animal Crossing Items manager Aya Kyogoku discussed the history and future of this Animal Crossing during an online talk for Japan's Computer Entertainment Developers Conference (CEDEC), as reported by 4Gamer.

"While this is the actual delight of developing a string, it is also the toughest stage," she stated, adding that the development group had realised through the years that Animal Crossing series"can't be sustained without any change"

"Protecting IP is not interchangeable with shielding product specifications from manuals. Games are entertainment, so you will definitely get tired of making the same things," she clarified.

Kyogoku stated the series' coverage was supposed to evolve its core mission of communicating between players in line with the times.

Reflecting on the series' latest instalment, the 22-million-selling New Horizons, she stated the key inventions were goals and achievements that shifted with every phase of gameplay, and the ability for gamers to establish their own goals via Nook Miles.

Series head Hisashi Nogami subsequently shared some information on the game's player market, revealing that many of its players are in their 20s and 30s and that gender is split almost equally.

"What will the people picture if they had been asked what type of sport Animal Crossing is? I think there is most likely a picture of'a game where it's possible to live leisurely with cute animals' and'a game for young girls'," he said.

Nogami speculated that New Horizon's lower than anticipated youth demographic may be since New Horizons has not yet been accessible during key holiday periods.

"Since it hasn't been cheap Animal Crossing Bells a year since it premiered, it has not been possible for many kids to purchase it, but for now it's a game with a user group that's likely different from your own expectations," he said.

posted Oct 25 in EdTech by Sunxuemei

Looking for an answer?  Share this question: #
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

Similar Questions
0 votes

The situational Animal Crossing Bells dialog the first 2-3 times is certainly the worst part of talking to villagers and most likely why folks believe they have no personality. The humorous and interesting dialog being concealed behind it makes it tedious sometimes. I really don't care that somebody watched me burying cash again , I wish to hear about your wacky antics!

which looks kind of dull and generic. But honestly I have never been randomly told off with a few of my friends/neighbors IRL so it is sensible whatsoever. Just a little sass would not hurt, however.

I don't feel like villagers were really that more diverse in older games. Realistically it comes down to having matters to do/reasons to test in on the game which keeps people playing. I am not convinced a little more dialog is the gap between 50 hours and 500.

I would like to find any data on this. It feels like there is more diverse conversation in this one than at any the prior person's to me, and I have got countless hours in every single game. Only difference is that the lack of meaner villagers when compared with the first. But I seriously doubt that's the difference maker between 50 and 500 hours to get many people in any way.

The issue is in the samey lines that always come out the first time you speak to them daily. You need to keep talking for them to get to the interesting and more diverse stuff, which is still an issue since few people talk to their villagers over a few times every day.

I concur, I played the game for about a week and then recognized Stardew does everything that this game does but does it even better.

The simple fact that the most upvoted comment in this thread mentions wanting characters to get stats for mini-games says so much about how the men and women who whine about AC with this sub really don't have any urge to play with AC. You want AC for a very different game. I've put a ton of hours to every AC, and NH is undoubtedly, the biggest measure that the franchise has obtained since the first buy Animal Crossing Items. The amount of freedom you need to make your city your own is foolish in contrast to the prior game. I can't imagine ever going back to a different one.

0 votes

Yeah I do Animal Crossing Bells know the lack of development in that front given there are over 400 villagers now. Expecting each one to be wholey unique could be unreasonable.

While it would be tough to make cuts without someone losing a popular, I'd think that if they trimmed the roster in order to create every more unique or include more variety.

Yeah Sims 4 except not as covetous comes to my mind also. There is too much attention on aesthetic and decorating instead of gameplay stuff. And if there's gameplay stuff it is either reskins of old stuff or old stuff with something bit different. I can understand giving holidays via updates since it actually seems they wouldn't have otherwise made it to the March 2020 release date and that I could understand not wanting to postpone the game twice, but otherwise I would have preferred to have stuff like art swimming and gallery day one and let the updates introduce some truly fresh stuff.

Yeah, aesthetic>gameplay seems to be the main problem. No shops, no special place like the island or town, about the one thing you can do is decorate your town and house. Even though it's hard to understand how this game would've worked out like if the pandemic didn't happen. Like perhaps the April update would have had more inside, but who knows.I can't wait to play with this game for 20 minutes and then don't play it again until the next upgrade comes out.

This. They could have only ported new leaf to the change and had a better end product than what's out there now.The something non-gamers always ask me when they see AC is"wow, that looks so cool! Would you cook in that faucet?" And the answer is obviously no - everything is decorative.Anyone else only rather. . .underwhelmed? I mean, the pumpkin farming is cool and undoubtedly can lead into more vegetable Buy Nook Miles Ticket<br/> growing in the future, but other than that. . .just some fresh Halloween decorations and handing out candies appears pretty sparse compared to what's been done in past AC games.