top button

Can international students at the local universities or polytechnics work part-time during the term time?

+1 vote
posted Dec 21, 2018 by Phirum

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

1 Answer

0 votes

An international student can work during the school term without a work pass if he/she is a full-time matriculated or registered a student in one of the Institutions approved by Ministry of Manpower (MOM) and holds a Student Pass issued by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).

The student can work up to 16 hours a week (maximum) under an industrial attachment programme conducted by his/her university. The industrial attachment can be either compulsory or elective but it must contribute towards his/her graduation requirements.

However international students are not allowed to work part-time while they are studying with Foreign University Campuses or Private Education Institutes.

answer Dec 24, 2018 by Nongvutha