Landing a lucrative role in any company is never a cakewalk. The professional world is constantly changing and the traditional education system has failed to equip us with the required skills to excel in today’s dynamic world of work.
The lifespan of skills acquired is getting shorter, and the demand for people with newer and advanced skills is increasing with each passing day. In such a scenario, up-skilling seems to be the only way forward.
There is a burgeoning need for newer skills and learning any of them could help one get that cherished promotion at work!
Why do we need up-skilling?
It won’t be an exaggeration to say that India has no dearth of talented people. However, talented people, with some right attitude and the passion to work hard can learn new skills that would help them rise up faster at their workplace.
In the year 2019, there would be 2.5 lakh IT jobs created for freshers in India.
Jobs for Data Scientists, Machine Learning Professionals, Cyber Security, Augmented Reality would see an upsurge in demand, over and above the specialist jobs in Marketing, Growth Hacking and Mobile Application developers.
All these sectors are constantly evolving and up-skilling facilitates a cycle of high productivity, increased employment opportunities, income growth and development.
Upskill to future-proof your career
The right upgrading of skills goes a long way in improving one’s productivity and overall performance.
7 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT WHY UPSKILLING WILL BE SO IMPORTANT IN 2019:
1. Reportedly, 68% of employees prefer to learn at work and because up-skilling is a way to keep one abreast of industry trends and requirement.
2. Executives prefer employees who avoid redundancy and promote opportunities to enable their employees to learn more.
3. The crème de la crème of all skill up courses in the year 2018 were Finance/Bitcoin/Blockchain, Writing, Digital Marketing, Project Management and Google Analytics. They are offered by e-learning websites like Coursera, Career Anna, Hubspot and Udemy.
4. Online programmes on Marketing, Entrepreneurship and Public Speaking are always in vogue and the trend will continue in the year 2019.
5. Other courses to reign in the year 2019 would be based on hard skills which companies look for the most – SEO/SEM Marketing, Network and Information Security, Perl/Python/Ruby and Business Intelligence.
6. According to a Forbes report, 58 million new jobs would be created in Artificial Intelligence by the year 2022. Thus, pursuing this stream would be a very good idea.
7. As per an India Today report, 50,000 jobs are lying vacant in the field of Data Science and Machine Learning with more and more companies trying to tap these new technologies. Professionals would benefit much from opting for a career in such an on-demand stream.
Not restricted to technical and functional training
Upskilling need not be strictly technical and functional. Familiarization with the new technological trends in the contemporary digital age helps in aiming for higher opportunities, but soft skills such as communication, leadership, collaboration, and time management are equally important.
As per a LinkedIn report, executives and people managers feel that leadership and communication are the two most important soft skills that employees need to acquire.
Online skill up courses can enhance the development of employees
Learning can be a tedious process is a continuous requirement. However, the problem of learning has been solved to a large extent with the proliferation of online tools, which are both convenient and flexible.
We, at Career Anna, want to create better professionals for the industries by bringing quality education beyond the classroom.
Our skill up courses have helped over 9,000 professionals across the country get placed in top companies like Cognizant, Accenture, Dell, Samsung, Infosys, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, TCS, and HCL across high growth technology roles, amongst many other Consulting and Product Companies.
Around 69% of the employees who took our skill up courses either got promoted at work or found better paying job opportunities.
Companies want people who can portray initiative, commitment, and the desire to move ahead. Taking up skill up courses to either enhance your skills or learn new ones will make managers and executives value you.