- Is specific to the development of teaching and learning
- Applies theories of instruction, learning, behavioral and cognitive psychology to assessment, design, implementation, and evaluation of instructional material
- Applies research, theory, technologies, and psychology to solve instructional and performance problems
- Is an approach used to achieve the ends of education
Instructional Technology, a broader term, that:
- Deals with the process of using technology for instruction
- Describes the technologies that facilitate access to information of all types
- Acquisition, processing, storage, and dissemination of information in all of its forms.
- Evaluation, management, and integration of instruction with tools available.
Summarising the above points …. though instructional technology and educational technology appear to be synonymous, instructional technology is the tool while educational technology is the procedure for using that tool.