top button

How does technology help students learn at their own pace?

+1 vote
posted Sep 19 by Rainsey

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

1 Answer

0 votes

As someone who was born in 2000 and began attending school in 2005, I have witnessed many advancements in technologies such as laptops, tablets, and smart boards in classrooms. I vaguely remember any of my teachers ever using a chalkboard to teach a lesson. The use of technology in schools will only be increasing in the future. The use of technology in the classroom will benefit students in many positive ways such as having equal learning opportunities, letting students learn at their own pace, and overall preparing students for the future starting in a classroom setting. For these reasons, professors should allow students to use laptops in the classroom.

Although laptops should be allowed in the classroom, some people feel as if technology has a negative effect on students. Susan Dynarski, author of “Laptops Are Great. But Not During a Lecture or a Meeting.”, argues that the use of laptops distracts students from learning the information being given and therefore results in lower test scores. Dynarski states that “Students in the classrooms with laptops or tablets had performed substantially worse than those in the sections where electronics were banned”. On top of this, she explains that electronics distract students and their classmates around them and therefore contribute to lower test grades. However, there are multiple benefits to learning with technology that outweigh the few negatives.

answer Sep 20 by Khemara